It is with great pleasure that I make the announcement of our November meeting on Nov 14 (Saturday).
The program is as follows:
Date: Nov 14, 2015 (Sat) 15:00 ~17:00
Venue: University of Electro-Communications (UEC Tokyo), Building B-101 (B 棟 101 室)
(See below for more information on the venue)
15:00~15:25 Book Review 1 by John Cross
- Title: Corpus Linguistics for Grammar: A guide for research
- Authors: Christian JONES and Daniel WALLER
- Publisher & Date: Routledge, 2015
· 15:25~15:50 Book Review 2 by Uma Maheswari Rajagopalan
- Title: The Handbook of English for Specific Purposes (Chapter 8: English for Science and Technology by Jean
- Authors: Brian PALTRIDGE (Ed.) and Sue STARFIELD (Ed.)
- Publisher & Date: Wiley-Blackwell, 2012
· 16:00~16:40 Sharing experiences at conferences
- JACET 2015 by Reiko Fujita, Naoko Nakamura, Kayoko Murakami, Masa Tsuneyasu
- The 7th International Conference on ESP in Asia (China) by Michihiro Hirai, Yan Yu, Jie Shi
- Euro CALL 2015 by Shin Hashimoto
- FLEAT VI (Foreign Language Education and Technology) by Shin Hashimoto
- ICAMechS 2015 by Yan Yu, Shin Hashimoto, Jie Shi
- IEEE 2015 by Colin Rundle
· 16:40~17:00 Business Meeting
The Bios of Book Review Presenters:
John Cross is an adjunct member of both undergraduate and graduate school Technical English programs of UEC Tokyo. He has taught English in Japan, China and the UK at tertiary level, and has written papers on learners’ language acquisition and adaptation to academic conventions. He is an active researcher in ESP and EAP apart from being a fiction author.
Uma Maheswari Rajagopalan is an ESP teacher and researcher at Toyo University and an adjunct teacher at UEC Tokyo. She received her Masters’ in Physics and Applied Optics from India and a Ph.D in Engineering from Hokkaido University. She also acquired a master’s degree in Applied Linguistics from the Open University, UK.
- Her research interests include EST in addition to optics in biology and cognitive neuroscience.
- Venue: University of Electro-Communications (UEC Tokyo), Building B-101 (B 棟 101 室)
- (UEC Tokyo, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo, 182-8585)
Please find the link for the location:
- http://www.uec.ac.jp/eng/about/access/ (in English)
- http://www.uec.ac.jp/about/profile/access/ (in Japanese)
- SHI Jie (firstname.lastname@example.org) University of Electro-Communications (UEC Tokyo)
- Reiko Fujita (email@example.com) Tokai University
- Shinichi Hashimoto (firstname.lastname@example.org) University of Electro-Communications (UEC Tokyo)